Oban's Staff Application

Oban

Oban's Staff Application

Post by Oban » October 4th, 2019, 8:29 pm

I am interested in a position on ClownerCraft. I am having a great time being a player and I believe that the skills I have gained playing here and my previous experiences make me an ideal candidate for being a part of the staff. I am currently studying Javascript in my spare time (its slow going, I am not on a high level) and would love to put any of that knowledge into the server.

Your ingame name(s);
Oban

Why you want to be a Mod;
I have always loved helping the server and people on it. Customer service can be daunting in real life, but I find it quite enjoyable inside of the game and helping people be creative. I enjoy creating things for others to enjoy and as a staff member, I get to do that on a greater level than as a player. I want the server to thrive and I believe I can contribute to that.

Why you would be a good Mod;
I recently rejoined ClownerCraft (over a month ago) after being away for quite awhile and wanted to get a good feel for the game and community before reapplying for staff and make sure I intended to continue playing MineCraft into the foreseeable future so as to not waste the staff's time training me. I have taken a deep dive into how MineCraft works in 1.14+ and believe I have reached that point where I can effectively answer technical questions about the game and our unique server.
I can be a quiet person in-game sometimes, but I have always been helpful, friendly, and quick to help when needed. I know how to moderate and the basics of staffing and how rankups/tickets/ect work, but I want to relearn and get to know how things are done now.

What you could bring to ClownerCraft or how you think you can improve our server network;
I bring past experience, knowledge and professionalism when needed. I would love to be able to run events again and set up some games and contests. There are lots of ideas and I'd love to work with other staff on bringing things to life. I am on a lot when there seems to be a gap in staffing coverage.

What experience you have in moderating (be it minecraft, or within any other game);
Co-Owned a Ragnarok Online private server with over 500 concurrent players in 2004-2006; Duties included being the community manager, moderating disputes between players, problem solving when the server had errors/crashes. (PoWRO)

Game Master on a small Ultima Online server in 2006-2007; Duties included helping players with questions, decorating houses, purchasing in-game items. Also designing dungeons, building interesting features throughout the world, and running events every few days (Oblivion UO)

Moderated another Ragnarok Online private server- Duties were mostly running unique events on a daily schedule, writing NPC quests and dialog, and assisting the developer by proofreading their code for errors (iHeartRO)

Staffed a MineCraft server from 2013 - 2017; Duties included moderating disputes, helping players, answering questions, ranking them up for good builds, creating/building features for the server, running events, training staff, moderating staff, creating events, fixing server errors, running the control panel, making sure the server ran smoothly. (ClownerCraft)

Your age;
30s

Your Time Zone;
PST

Your first language, and any other languages you can speak fluently;
English

How long you have played on ClownerCraft (approximately);
5 years previously, a little over a month since my break.

How much time in a week you spend playing on the network (approximately).
I would guess around 4-5 hours a day, which translates to approximately 30 hours a week. It might be more and I just don't want to admit to it.

Thank you for your time and consideration!