Suggestions & Concerns - What would you like to see more of on the server?

Things we announce. You know, the interesting bits.
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
zZer0_
Community Manager

Suggestions & Concerns - What would you like to see more of on the server?

Post by zZer0_ » May 1st, 2019, 3:41 pm

So with the new Community Manager role it's our job to talk to the community and get you guys to be more interactive with what we do on the Staff Team. Having said that, we are always open to suggestions for what we can make better on the server, be it ideas for mini-games, contests or just something that might make building a little more exciting - We want to hear everything you guys have in terms of ideas so that we can make the server a more interesting and overall better place for the players.

Please note that some ideas may get rejected, however this will not be because we simply hate the idea, but it may pose some issues to other plugins or the server in general, or overall may not be possible for us to do - So don't take it personally if your idea gets rejected!

What we would love to start seeing is some activity on the forums. Now, people may not want to make forum accounts or just simply prefer to give suggestions in chat, but they may not be noted down, whereas we can keep track of every idea in this thread so that no suggestions are lost and therefore making it an easier way to communicate with staff. There are many advantages to making a forum account other than applications or ban appeals, so please keep this in mind - It's a very good way for the players and the Staff Team to communicate outside of the server chat.

DeltaParallel

Re: Suggestions & Concerns - What would you like to see more of on the server?

Post by DeltaParallel » May 1st, 2019, 5:53 pm

Pls make the vip and vip+ colors less ugly in discord.
Maybe more incentive to get to Aztec, eegers suggested a diamond only building world but i would suggest it be aztec+. I can elaborate on that more if you are interested.

zZer0_
Community Manager

Post by zZer0_ » May 1st, 2019, 6:06 pm

DeltaParallel wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 5:53 pm
Pls make the vip and vip+ colors less ugly in discord.
Maybe more incentive to get to Aztec, eegers suggested a diamond only building world but i would suggest it be aztec+. I can elaborate on that more if you are interested.
For starters; Making the VIP and VIP+ colours in Discord less ugly would require us to know what colours *aren't* ugly.

As for the "diamond only building world" - I assume you're going by the fact that we have 2 worlds for Creative, being the plot world and free-build. The reason for that is because we expect much higher standards from players building in Creative as opposed to Survival because of the unlimited resources. We have free-build in order to give players a lot more space than they could build with on a plot. A world dedicated to rank-ups in Survival would be a lot less needed, as there is already plenty enough space to build. I get where the idea comes from, and the reason eegers suggested a Diamond+ world as opposed to Aztec+ is that Diamond rank gets /fly, which effectively makes building the same as Creative with limited resources.

We can think about adding more incentive to getting to the rank of Aztec and above however. I understand that Aztec and above doesn't have too many perks above bragging rights, though building itself should be incentive enough to rank up. You aren't forced through the ranks, they *are* optional, but we do love to see players build for reasons that aren't just to get perks like /fly. Though, Aztec rank does have perks such as /spawner, /top and /echest, so keep that in mind.

I hope this answers all of your concerns!

AutoEngineer63

Post by AutoEngineer63 » May 3rd, 2019, 12:14 am

When viewing the Player list I know it mentions how many people are on each server and who is on the server I am on, but I would love it if it could also display who is on the servers I'm not on. For example have a table that says all the people in the survival server and then all the peeps in the creative server etc. Personally I just think that would be more intuitive and easier to use. Plus I never play in creative but I have some lovely friends there and I don't know if they are online unless they get in the chat. If this kind of list is possible I think this modification might be helpful for people searching for staff members as well.

zZer0_
Community Manager

Post by zZer0_ » May 3rd, 2019, 2:31 pm

AutoEngineer63 wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 12:14 am
When viewing the Player list I know it mentions how many people are on each server and who is on the server I am on, but I would love it if it could also display who is on the servers I'm not on. For example have a table that says all the people in the survival server and then all the peeps in the creative server etc. Personally I just think that would be more intuitive and easier to use. Plus I never play in creative but I have some lovely friends there and I don't know if they are online unless they get in the chat. If this kind of list is possible I think this modification might be helpful for people searching for staff members as well.
Hey, sorry for the late reply!

It is plausible to do so, however we would need an entire overhaul of how the list works at this moment in time - We could do it, but we aren't sure if we would want to.

AutoEngineer63

Post by AutoEngineer63 » May 3rd, 2019, 6:35 pm

I know this one might be a bit of a stretch and I'm sure it has been suggested before but silk spawners is a glorious plugin that would make spawners much easier to use and move. I understand that changes a lot of things as far as selling them goes and having people with giant masses of spawners causing lag but it might be an idea with some basic rules for proper implementation.

zZer0_
Community Manager

Post by zZer0_ » May 4th, 2019, 12:23 am

AutoEngineer63 wrote:
May 3rd, 2019, 6:35 pm
I know this one might be a bit of a stretch and I'm sure it has been suggested before but silk spawners is a glorious plugin that would make spawners much easier to use and move. I understand that changes a lot of things as far as selling them goes and having people with giant masses of spawners causing lag but it might be an idea with some basic rules for proper implementation.
It would be easier to move spawners yes - However, the reason we don't have this plugin in place is because we don't want players grabbing spawners from naturally generated dungeons; they are a token reward and will likely remain the same way as the token shop is incentive for players to vote, and the spawners being quite expensive is probably one of the biggest incentives. I get that it is easier than having to create a ticket for a staff member to move a spawner you may have misplaced or simply want back, but I'm not sure that we're going to change this any time soon.

Bionicpickaxe78

My Suggestions

Post by Bionicpickaxe78 » May 18th, 2019, 4:40 am

Right, since returning back to the server. I have noticed the quality has had a major decrease.

Simple things like in the Hub (Laggy since the shift of the spawn-point) and the fact that the Launchpads had been disabled and not reinstated meaning 'Bounce' is deemed as 'useless' as you are unable to reach the basketball court.

The /Warp Shop, yes a good place for players to purchase their wares, but it isn't built well that is it a simple walk through just like the previous shop design. Since /fly is disable for those higher up the ranks; makes it hard for travelling around the area at a reasonable pace.
In the past, players have used their own resources to build Free-to-own shops like /Warp Aquarius and /Warp Duck, which in turn have been successful and well managed in the past few years. I am in the process of building a new player shop /Warp Clone, i believe that this is better off than the server site due to the fact that it is managed by a dedicated team of players and also that it is easy to maneuver through. (It's free and Stone rank and above.)

Another query I have is to do with the Clownercraft website. I have noticed that the event tabs and the contest results tabs don't match up well. As the 'event' tab show from October 2018 and nothing else date or even proposed and the Contest result' from the most recent event in January. (4 months ago). Keeping the community interested in the server with events is a key aspect and not having a contest or event in a 4 month gap is a bit of a long stretch.
The April Vote increase isn't included in this; I thought that was a nice idea.

Not many people have returned from the old world due to the fact that they believe their communities they work on are all lost. Friendships and building alone. We know that the world download for the old world is still hidden away on the website news but some just don't wanna play on a server they spent years working on without their friends and starting all over again. Resetting the economy and wiping the world would've been a more appropriate choice since no-one would be transferring profits into diamonds and vice-versa. Leaving the old world but either expanding, removing old building to reduce lag, or just leaving the server as it was would have been more beneficial for some of the 'OGs' who left. Rather than splitting into two different types of survival world. I for one, left due to the fact I had lost all my work which at the time i had spent 2 years on and didn't return because of a community who wouldn't help out myself and other when we had questions and needed the answers.

To some this all up:
-Fix up the Hub to be a little less laggy and sort out areas like Parkour and Bounce since not many members of the community play them.
-Redesign /Warp Shop and /Warp Moreshops to allow for easy commuting.
-Allowing a Player-Managed warp shop to be instated.
-Introducing new events and more contests back into the game.
-Give the website a quick check over to make sure that everything is as easy to get to as possible.
-Trying to re-establish the old communities of the last 6 years.

I know for a fact that the mods and the admins have life outside this game. It's a struggle to balance real life, school, games e.t.c. I respect everything they do. But please evaluate these choices and come to a decision.

Thank you for your time and I hope to here from you soon.

-Matt

Just adding this part on for Mio_Akiyama since he isnt apart of the forums. 'The world is too small and it should be increased to a more reasonable size to accommodate more players.
Also for xFlowerss: 'Adding more items to the sell shop or just removing the sell shop entirely and having a buy/sell option

zZer0_
Community Manager

Re: My Suggestions

Post by zZer0_ » May 18th, 2019, 12:21 pm

Bionicpickaxe78 wrote:
May 18th, 2019, 4:40 am
Right, since returning back to the server. I have noticed the quality has had a major decrease.

Simple things like in the Hub (Laggy since the shift of the spawn-point) and the fact that the Launchpads had been disabled and not reinstated meaning 'Bounce' is deemed as 'useless' as you are unable to reach the basketball court.

The /Warp Shop, yes a good place for players to purchase their wares, but it isn't built well that is it a simple walk through just like the previous shop design. Since /fly is disable for those higher up the ranks; makes it hard for travelling around the area at a reasonable pace.
In the past, players have used their own resources to build Free-to-own shops like /Warp Aquarius and /Warp Duck, which in turn have been successful and well managed in the past few years. I am in the process of building a new player shop /Warp Clone, i believe that this is better off than the server site due to the fact that it is managed by a dedicated team of players and also that it is easy to maneuver through. (It's free and Stone rank and above.)

Another query I have is to do with the Clownercraft website. I have noticed that the event tabs and the contest results tabs don't match up well. As the 'event' tab show from October 2018 and nothing else date or even proposed and the Contest result' from the most recent event in January. (4 months ago). Keeping the community interested in the server with events is a key aspect and not having a contest or event in a 4 month gap is a bit of a long stretch.
The April Vote increase isn't included in this; I thought that was a nice idea.

Not many people have returned from the old world due to the fact that they believe their communities they work on are all lost. Friendships and building alone. We know that the world download for the old world is still hidden away on the website news but some just don't wanna play on a server they spent years working on without their friends and starting all over again. Resetting the economy and wiping the world would've been a more appropriate choice since no-one would be transferring profits into diamonds and vice-versa. Leaving the old world but either expanding, removing old building to reduce lag, or just leaving the server as it was would have been more beneficial for some of the 'OGs' who left. Rather than splitting into two different types of survival world. I for one, left due to the fact I had lost all my work which at the time i had spent 2 years on and didn't return because of a community who wouldn't help out myself and other when we had questions and needed the answers.

To some this all up:
-Fix up the Hub to be a little less laggy and sort out areas like Parkour and Bounce since not many members of the community play them.
-Redesign /Warp Shop and /Warp Moreshops to allow for easy commuting.
-Allowing a Player-Managed warp shop to be instated.
-Introducing new events and more contests back into the game.
-Give the website a quick check over to make sure that everything is as easy to get to as possible.
-Trying to re-establish the old communities of the last 6 years.

I know for a fact that the mods and the admins have life outside this game. It's a struggle to balance real life, school, games e.t.c. I respect everything they do. But please evaluate these choices and come to a decision.

Thank you for your time and I hope to here from you soon.

-Matt

Just adding this part on for Mio_Akiyama since he isnt apart of the forums. 'The world is too small and it should be increased to a more reasonable size to accommodate more players.
Also for xFlowerss: 'Adding more items to the sell shop or just removing the sell shop entirely and having a buy/sell option
Hi. It seems I have a lot to respond to, so here goes!

There is a new hub in the works and it will be arriving when we update the server to 1.14, so we're avoiding fixing anything in the current hub.

/warp shop is also being redesigned because we too have noticed a problem with it, however I don't feel that /warp moreshops needs anything in particular changing about it.

As for a player-managed /warp shop; We have a fairly large survival spawn with plenty of player shops to use, and we sort of want those to be used so that /spawn even has a purpose, otherwise it will just end up like the current hub where nobody really goes and explores.

I am working my best at introducing new events and contests back to the server, and there is one upcoming so look out for an announcement on that, however it would be nice for people to start suggesting ideas for future contests that they would like to take part in; it doesn't have to only be about building!

I will speak to Clowner myself about the current state of the website and if/how we should change it, but I won't be able to promise anything any time soon.

It would be hard for us to get everybody from the old community back until the server has that "Wow!" factor, something they can keep coming back for. I get that building isn't everyone's cup of tea, so mini-games are being worked on currently, and with the arrival of the 1.14 update we may see some players come back as well as some new players, as the server tends to increase in popularity for a few weeks after a big update. The reason we reset the world and economy in the first place is that the economy was broken and because we couldn't do anything about the lag as we can't just destroy people's builds, or generating new chunks for the 1.13 update.

TL;DR
- New hub coming for 1.14, no need for fixing current one.
- /warp shop being redesigned, not sure why we would need to change /warp moreshops
- Player managed shop is off the table for now, we have /spawn which has plenty of shops which gives spawn a purpose
- Contests are upcoming yes, suggestions would be nice.
- Can't promise a change in the website, but will see about it.
- Not much we can do about the old community except hope that they come back with the 1.14 update.

Hope this answers all your concerns, if you have any more suggestions feel free to post a reply or see me in-game if it's easier for you.

- zZer0_