Please be prepared for the network to have some downtime around this update so that we can implement these changes.
Please be aware we currently can't give an accurate time/date for any changes, as we have to wait for both the official update's release, but also for some of the third party mods/plugins we use to update. Generally, we can update the network about a week after the official update.
The big news is that, unfortunately, our main Survival server is going to have a world reset.
We never really want to reset the world, but sadly there are times where this becomes necessary - and since the current world is starting to fill up and encounter lag issues, we've decided now is the best time to do this reset.
Second to that, we're going to be resetting survival's economy as well. This is to help 'fix' it, and we will also have a new server shop.
We are more than aware that a lot of you will be unhappy about these resets, and you're not alone - but sadly we've run this world since the 1.7 update, and it's starting to cause a fair few issues for the staff, as well as impacting on the server's performance.
We will be providing a world download so that players can keep a copy of their builds. Please see more information below about how the reset will actually work.
Now, those are the only horrible, but important, bits of news - we'll move on to the exciting new things we're adding!
We've been working on a new spawn for the survival server, and along side this is a load of other fancy things - including the new shop, more affordable player shops, an underground train line, swimming pool, gardens and many other cool things. Pretty much every server warp is being replaced with a new build, although some may not quite be finished by the time update goes live.
We've reworked all the information signs for spawn, and made a new fancy style - and we'll slowly be updating other things to match this style - you might even get to see some of it before the update.
Our new survival world will feature both vanilla and custom biomes, with a variety of landscapes to build with. Some of the custom ones are pretty cool - and of course we'll make sure all the new ocean bits from 1.13 are in there. There will also be some custom structures in the new world.
After this update we will also start running our regular build contests and events again, which got pushed to one side to allow us to work on various things for the update.
We are also still working on our new hub, it's just taking a while...
Also, for those who play pure survival - we will not be resetting the PS world, but the border will be expanded to include new terrain so you can access the new oceans. Creative will also not have a reset.
How the Survival reset is going to work:
- Once 1.13 is released, and we have everything working on the new version - the new world will be run alongside the old. This will give everyone a chance to transfer their items - if you wish to.
- During this time, the Explore, Nether and End worlds may be disabled to prevent overloading the server.
- At this time the new server spawn will also open. However, the new shop will remain closed until the economy is reset.
- The old world will then be removed around 2 weeks later, at this time the new shop will open and the economy will be reset.
- A world download will be prepared (of the world just before the new one is added) This world download will be made available on our website after the old world is removed.
- However, I would really recommend trying to get a world downloader mod to download your builds - as the server's world is big, and your game may struggle to load it in single player.
- Our new world will start off with a smaller world border (starting at 10k x 10k blocks) allowing us to expand the world in future.
- Ranks will not be reset.
- Again, we apologise that we're having to reset the world - and do hope most people will continue to play and support our network.
See the original news post here
~Clowner and the Team