How to improve your Mod Application

Apply to join our Moderator Team or our Build Team!
Raykath

How to improve your Mod Application

Post by Raykath » February 11th, 2015, 6:11 am

If you are interested in applying to become a moderator on ClownerCraft, I have a few tips you can use to create the best application possible. Firstly, type your application in something like Microsoft Word, as it not only checks for spelling/grammar errors, but the save feature gives you reassurance that your work won’t be lost. In your application you should be serious and put as much information in that application as well as stay on the topic of the question. Show us you want the position.

PUTTING TOGETHER YOUR APPLICATION
My first tip has to be answer each question thoroughly but don’t ramble. Stating the same thing over and over again just to make your application seem longer won’t help. Also try to proofread your application as much as possible. Not even Microsoft Word will catch all your mistakes (I should know). Colors may look pretty but sometimes but they can be hard to read. If you want to use colors make them easy to read and if there a more than one use two contrasting colors. As stated above sometimes less is more, keep your application quick, relevant and concise.

AFTER YOU’VE COMPLETED YOUR APPLICATION
So your application is ready to go, A+ quality. Go on over to the Mod Applications section and paste in your beautiful app. Now’s the hard part, waiting. Asking the staff “When will the new mod be chosen” or “Hey can you read my app” probably isn’t going to give you a good chance of being accepted. I would also try to avoid editing your application too much after positing, as you could cause things to get confusing. Another tip is that if you only try to help other players/set a good example when mod applications are open.. then you might not have a very good time.

MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
In all honesty, if I were to be choosing mods, I would be looking for someone who is hardworking, dedicated, mature and diligent. However, just because I mentioned those 4 things does not mean they’re requirements. All I’m trying to show with those examples is don’t go with the bear minimum. When making an app, and even if you do get accepted to the ClownerCraft team. You will need to be working hard, staying dedicated and mature as well as diligently trying to help the players and the server. Similar to what I said earlier, matching yourself to these 4 qualities when mod apps are open and not any other time won’t give you a very good shot. Also, just because you didn’t get accepted one round, doesn’t mean give up. It took me MONTHS before I finally got a chance at mod, and it was WELL worth the wait. My final tip is to stay real. Claiming something that isn’t true in your application won’t get you anywhere. Heck, it would probably keep you from ever getting accepted.

I hope these tips helped you out on your application! Good luck to anyone who applies. REMEMBER –hard work, maturity, dedication and diligence.

Raykath

Re: How to improve your Mod Application

Post by Raykath » March 17th, 2015, 8:33 pm

Now that moderator applications are open you guys should read this before writing an application. =P