Money

Things we announce. You know, the interesting bits.
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
TheClowner
Site Admin

Money

Post by TheClowner » March 8th, 2016, 8:47 pm

I never like having to write about this sort of thing, although thankfully until this point I haven't needed to.

The server has been sustaining itself through player-funding through our webstore for nearly three years, and that is amazing for me to consider!
However, the costs of running a server are not a one off thing. We have bills to pay every month, and sadly we're just not earning enough each month to cover this.
Every month, we have to pay for the hosting of our server, a few licenses (Plesk, MultiCraft, Buycraft) all to keep the server running. These amount to around $100/month.

We cannot keep going if we don't make enough money to cover our costs. I don't want you to think that my reasons for running the server are in any way money related, I think I've shared my reasoning before - but thanks to all of you the server has grown tremendously and now I cannot afford to cover it's costs for a long time.

If you enjoy playing our server, I urge you to consider sending a bit of money in, which will help us to continue with the server. If you really can't afford it (or parent's won't let you) you can also help by just promoting the server, voting and all that. You'd be surprised how much it helps.

You can visit our store at shop.clownercraft.net

Thanks for all the support.
~Clowner

Skelebone2000

Re: Money

Post by Skelebone2000 » March 12th, 2016, 3:00 am

You should make a patron site Clowner

Pyro_PBL

Post by Pyro_PBL » March 12th, 2016, 3:13 am

I Pyro_PBL, believe that we should consider shutting down logistic raft instead of clowned craft, cause lets face it, Clowner Craft is a lot more fun. If you believe in Clowner Craft, sign this petition with a reply stating "I (User Name) Believe in this solution to this great cause." Because I Pyro_PBL believe in this solution to this great cause.

-Pyro_PBL

Freedster

Post by Freedster » March 12th, 2016, 3:22 am

First of all, I captainfreedster, agree with this solution.
Second of all, (and let me say I'm not trying to insult, I'm trying to be honest) people rarely play Logisticraft. Sure, occasionally, we'll play a round of SG, but that's just because the people here are better than most servers. Other than that, the other modes are almost always empty.

I personally believe, ClownerCraft is the best survival server in minecraft. But as a minigame server? Not the best. If adding the whole minigame part made it too expensive, you should atleast get rid of that, before dropping the whole thing. Also, consider adding a new rank for donators. I know I'd donate.

brs117

Post by brs117 » March 12th, 2016, 9:13 pm

I second Pyro's point of view. I dont really see anyone playing the mini games. The reason why people come to clownercraft is to build and in my opinion the only worlds that I think players need are the creative, the new 1.9 explore, and our current world. I think it would be logical to cut out the unneeded servers to reduce the costs. In the end this is only my opinion but I hope you will take it into consideration when deciding the future of this great a unique server.

Skelebone2000

Post by Skelebone2000 » March 13th, 2016, 6:03 pm

I agree, I've only been on logisticraft only once or twice and clownercraft is an amazing server, I think we should cut logisticraft and keep clownercraft going

captainfreedster

Post by captainfreedster » March 13th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Important to all people who supported Pyro: (including me)

I asked Clowner about this recently. Because of the way the server is setup, this will not save money.

Oban

Post by Oban » March 13th, 2016, 7:33 pm

This is not the issue. We don't pay for Logisticraft separately. They are all on our network (server). If we bought an entirely new server or bought space on a game server hosting company just to power Clownercraft Survival to a point where it doesn't lag, the amount would be about the same we pay now after adding separate costs of the hosting services we need. In addition to that, we would be getting a lot less out of the deal and less control.

That said, we will be doing everything we can to keep the server afloat in one form or another. New players are really helping us out :) Keep up the good work voting and promoting!

MissAlex

Post by MissAlex » March 15th, 2016, 9:26 pm

hey!! its sadmax1515, aka Alex (the girl)

So i was thinking maybe we could have a sustaining membership. I would totally be willing to pay something like $15 every month as a sort of membership. Maybe give an incentive like tokens or a spawner every three months as a reward for a higher priced membership, like $25 a month. I am going to make a donation this week for sure, because I love this server and I love our quirky collection of players. I would be incredibly sad, no pun intended, to lose this server. Please let me know if there is any other way I can help. I am willing to do quite a bit to keep this server going. Alex

SM3DlG

Post by SM3DlG » March 22nd, 2016, 2:44 am

Clowner if u are running out of funds i would love to take this server off ur hands :D and would love to still keep u part of it i can defenitly pay the cost for the server without having player funding and would love to be the owner and have u be co-owner please think about it

-SM3DLG