Decommissioning the old world.

Things we announce. You know, the interesting bits.
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
TheClowner
Site Admin

Decommissioning the old world.

Post by TheClowner » February 8th, 2014, 4:43 pm

I would like to confirm some recent rumours regarding our old world...

Unfortunately due to the size of the server, and our old world, it is no longer possible for us to host it parallel to the new world for 1.7.
This is mainly because there was no limit on the old world, so people would go very ver far away from spawn, resulting in more strain on the server.
We never wanted to have to do this, but on the 15th of February the old world will be removed from the server. Not deleted, but no longer accessible from clownercraft.

I would be offering a world download for the old world, but due to its size this just isn't possible, the wold clocking in at over 10 GB in size. However, if you wish to get a copy of your build, you can use the World Downloader mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/144 ... oader-mod/
This will download only chunks you visit in the world, and so you can download only the area you need.

I will be using this myself and getting the area around the spawn (including my town, and several of the warps) which will be made available for download.

Regardless what happens with the server, we will be keeping a copy of the world, it may never return to a server, but we will have a copy of it.

At this point, you have until the 15th February to move any items you wish to keep to the new world (/spawn) and download any parts you wish to keep.

I apologise that this has to happen, but we now have no choice.

EDIT: Due to further complications, we have had to move the date to the 15th, instead of the 28th. Sorry.

Memoti

Re: Decommissioning the old world.

Post by Memoti » February 8th, 2014, 9:24 pm

So if we download our builds in the old world, will we be able to transfer them to the new world?

jerico79

Post by jerico79 » February 8th, 2014, 9:38 pm

So will i be able to download my entire build.. witch has gotten quite large, and transfer that to the new world.. or will i have to transfer all my stuff piece by piece?

taaniss

Post by taaniss » February 8th, 2014, 10:30 pm

been trying to figure out where new world ends and old world begins i ended up in old world because i had no clue at the time there was a difference since then ive got a few of my friends to join the server and donate to become vip members what we need to know is our builds transferable to new world or do we have to start all over we have been building pretty big builds and planned on connecting to make a metropolis eventually and would like a comparable area in the new world to transfer to. those of us working in the old world are memoti, zekyra, jerico79, taaniss, and spiffer10 we are all long time gaming friends and don't want to leave the server just wanted to be treated fairly during this transfer and hope that we will get some assistance in moving to new world please get back to us as what to do from here as you know this is quite upsetting to think all we have accomplished is for not.

kktakacs

Post by kktakacs » February 9th, 2014, 2:38 am

So al our stuff we have done will be gone and have to do it again?!?!?!!

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » February 9th, 2014, 3:23 pm

you will not be able to move it to the new world, but simply keep a copy of the build as a singleplayer world.
We are unfortunately unable to move things between worlds without crashing the entire server.

captainfreedster

Post by captainfreedster » February 11th, 2014, 12:22 am

Will I be able to use multiplayer commands like /home or keep my inventory? If not i won't be able to play anymore D: :cry:

75elks

Post by 75elks » February 11th, 2014, 3:16 am

clowner the world downloader is not working for me i believe there is somthing wrong with the mod i dont know about and one else but is there any othere options can you plz tell my thx

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » February 11th, 2014, 5:33 pm

The mod will not download homes, or SMP commands. Also, the mod needs you to use 1.7.2 - if you have a problem with it please speak with the mod author.

if you need a section of the world downloaded I'm sure you could ask someone who can get the mod to work to get it for you and send it to you.

BART16P

clowner plz read quick!!

Post by BART16P » February 14th, 2014, 2:48 pm

I have been banned and some for my stuff is in the old world and I cant get on.this is the first time ive been banned and ive appeal but no reply from any mods.its a great server the best I know and if u ask any1 im very nice all the time [maybe 1 or 2 ppl don't think so but others do]
thx for readind hope u can uban me before the 15th [ireland time]
im also sry for all my spelling mistakes im not that good

-BART16P