Minecraft 1.9

Things we announce. You know, the interesting bits.
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
TheClowner
Site Admin

Minecraft 1.9

Post by TheClowner » February 29th, 2016, 9:01 pm

As you may or may not know, 1.9 has been released.

*EDIT* ClownerCraft/Logisticraft will be updating to 1.9 on SATURDAY 5th March
There will be downtime from 3PM (GMT) while we make the update. This should hopefully last no longer than a couple of hours...

The reason we cannot update quite yet is that our server is reliant on several third party plugins and tools - which need to be updated before we can fully update. So far Spigot expect to release a 1.9 build within the next few days, so after that we can start to test against it to see what we need to wait for.

As there are significant changes in 1.9, we will be making some changes on our network:
  • The main (overworld) will NOT be reset. Your builds will remain as is. This world will also remain the same size.
  • The End and Nether will be Reset.
  • A secondary overworld, (We will refer to this world as an "Exploration" world in future) will be introduced. This world will be regularly regenerated (and we might even add some surprises to it eventually).
  • Some of the new items will be added to the server shop.
Once we know when we will be updating, I will post the date/time so you can all prepare for the downtime while the update is being done.
As the nether/end are resetting, I advise you remove anything important from these worlds ASAP.

rainyydaze

Re: Minecraft 1.9

Post by rainyydaze » March 1st, 2016, 2:53 am

With the nether reseting, does this mean that any homes/spawners we have in nether will be reset as well?

Poopdink

Post by Poopdink » March 1st, 2016, 5:02 am

good to hear our builds will remain. will 1.9 combat and items like shields be usable in the regular world, or just the exploration world?

Poopdink

Post by Poopdink » March 1st, 2016, 5:07 am

take your time too cuz many of us rely on optifine, which I imagine will take a month or two. tho even without optifine I'd still be trying to get on due to addiction.

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » March 1st, 2016, 9:49 am

The whole nether is resetting, your homes may still be there but there wont be anything at the home... spawners and alike in the nether will be reset.
And 1.9 items will be usable in the main world aswell. Your inventory will be shared between the main world and the exploration world.

Smellycrack69

Post by Smellycrack69 » March 2nd, 2016, 5:04 am

my modern build is in the nether

SoulStealer69

Post by SoulStealer69 » March 2nd, 2016, 11:58 pm

will there be a way to fix the chunk errors throughout the main world? i don't know if this is even possible currently, but they are a little annoying at times.
possibly a new build world along with the exploration world? just a thought
also, thanks for the news updates clowner

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » March 4th, 2016, 11:09 pm

Updated the First post in this topic with details of when the update will be done :)

Poopdink

Post by Poopdink » March 5th, 2016, 5:01 am

I recall in single player during the transition from 1.7 to 1.8, items in chests disappeared and villagers were useless. any idea if there will be issues with data values being incompatible between versions?

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » March 5th, 2016, 2:00 pm

This should not be an issue, certainly we did not see chests reset on the server when we switched from 1.7 to 1.8...