Ban Appeal: SkyBiome

Appeal your Permanent Ban or Permanent Mute here.
Please follow the guidelines!
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
Pitatious

Ban Appeal: SkyBiome

Post by Pitatious » June 7th, 2017, 5:37 pm

I am Pitatious, submitting an appeal for the ban of my alt SkyBiome. It was banned last night at 3:29 AM EST by _Tyyler from this server for: Using an alt account to bypass the afk kick and only collect XP.

My defense for this case is that yes, I was using an alt account, but no, I was not AFK. I had the account SkyBiome sitting under the public enderman farm in the end while I was building with Pitatious. My purpose for this was to collect and sell ender pearls so that I could buy more building materials for my current build. I did not hog the farm either, if another player wanted to use it for whatever reason, I moved my alt well out of the way and let them use it. And since I was using it to sell pearls and not collect EXP, I had plenty of extra, and even offered to repair or enchant an item for players who needed it done with all of the extra levels.

AFK stands for Away From Keyboard. I was never actually "AFK", just tabbed out to another account most of the time. I did not use an AFK machine or any glitch around the AFK kicking plugin. I simply tabbed over to SkyBiome every couple minutes to kill the endermen. So I was still actually using the account, not just sitting there either. And since I was still at the computer on another tab, I still got message notifications and heard sounds from other people who sent messages to my alt, or were nearby my alt. I always made sure to reply to them or dismiss myself from their way as to not bother or ignore them.

I am not demanding the unban of SkyBiome either, just requesting that someone revisit the case and make a second opinion of it knowing the full case.

Thank you for your time - Pitatious/SkyBiome

Lilly
Site Admin

Re: Ban Appeal: SkyBiome

Post by Lilly » June 8th, 2017, 11:17 am

Heya Pitatious,

Your alt got banned because I have asked you before not to use your alt like that.
Using it to stand at farms while you work on your main account gives you an unfair advantage over other players. This is against the server rules.

At this point in time I will not be unbanning your alt, because I have no guarantee you wont just return to using it like you have. Since asking you not to do it caused you to not do it for about a day.
You can try appealing this ban at a later time.

Pitatious

Re: Ban Appeal: SkyBiome

Post by Pitatious » June 9th, 2017, 5:11 pm

I am sorry, I must have misunderstood you when you said that. You asked me not to use my alt to AFK farms. But like I said, I wasn't really AFK this time as I was actively using it, and no where in the rules list does it say that this was against server rules as the closest line to such a rule says "No hacking/exploiting (including Anti-AFK machines)". I was not breaking any mentioned rules, so perhaps if a rule is going to be enforced, it should at least be mentioned in that list. Had I known that your reasoning was to prevent me from having an unfair advantage I'd not have done so. But that point was never made, as you simply told me not to AFK farms with it.

I should also mention that SkyBiome being banned is not actually stopping me from being able to use that to my advantage. I also own the account under the name of WolfsKiss that I am letting a friend use, as well as MySkyBlock and ThisIsMySkyBlock. I also have access to the account named Quantifier which another friend uses on this server (albeit seldomly). The reason I am not using those accounts for my own gain is not just because other people are currently using them here, but because I have a better understanding of the actual rules being enforced this time. And I could always use a temporary compromised account for the same purpose. I am not doing such a thing, nor do I plan on doing so in the future. I am simply just letting you know that banning a single alt account is not what is stopping me from continuing.

Should SkyBiome get unbanned after seeing and understanding my reasoning, I will probably not use the account on the server very much. I just simply do not like having one of my accounts banned on any server for personal reasons, and for reasons like with WolfsKiss where a friend may want to get into minecraft and not have an account, that way I can lend them one.

Thank you for your time
Pitatious/SkyBiome