Public XP farm?

Showcase your creations here!
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
devjoll

Public XP farm?

Post by devjoll » July 29th, 2015, 1:50 am

As many people know, I have a LOT of different XP farms on the server. I was wondering if I could make one of mine public (with a /warp). It looks nice and doesn't use random blocks like my other farms. It's a bit bare, but that can be fixed pretty easily. It's in The End. I'll post the coords once I'm able to log back on to the main server. Feel free to post a reply with your thoughts on this.

Coords are X152 Y6.5 (On half-slabs) Z675
Last edited by devjoll on August 2nd, 2015, 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zip zop boopity bop

Poopdink

Re: Public XP farm?

Post by Poopdink » July 29th, 2015, 4:22 am

is it a proper enderman farm? the ones i make in single player get me to level 30 in 2 minutes, i was thinking of building one in clownercraft. of course, theres also the X79 gold farm that gets like 100 levels an hour and mad amounts of gold, just harder to build. itd be sweet to be able to warp to a good xp farm

devjoll

Post by devjoll » July 29th, 2015, 11:44 pm

It used the same mechanics as the one you likely built in single player (using an endermite to lure the endermen to a pit that brings them down to half a heart). The thing is on a big server like this one it won't be quite as fast because of mob caps. It's still a very effective XP farm, way faster than any single spawner mob grinder out there. It's even faster than my creeper farm that uses five spawners. The thing I built is set up with a little underground base with TNT + flint and steel to kill large amount of endermen at once, plus a 30 level enchantment table with a chest for lapis, two anvils, and a massive storage system for the mob drops. These would all be available to anyone who uses the farm and I would maintain all of it. I could also build the X79 (I tried it in PS and it was a failure because mobs kept spawning but I can work out all the kinks). It's not terribly difficult to build, but it's definitely harder to build than the enderman farm, and I've heard that the nether is getting reset pretty soon. I know the end gets reset quite frequently, but I can easily rebuild this farm once it happens. It's one of the easiest XP farms to build besides finding a spawner and using it to grind. There's no redstone or anything really fancy that comes along with building it and it can easily be done with 30-45 minutes. The hardest part is getting an endermite to spawn.
Zip zop boopity bop

Locdogg

Post by Locdogg » July 30th, 2015, 12:59 am

this is a great idea dev! i would use it all the time! :D

MagickWolfie

Post by MagickWolfie » August 2nd, 2015, 8:18 am

I think this is a good idea Dev :D The only thing I can think that would be wrong with this idea is that it's in the end, and pvp is enabled. If it becomes a known warp then it may be difficult trying to keep players in check as they might try to pvp there. That aside, I know I'll use it, so build it and we'll see how it turns out!
Ex-Head Mod
With Great Responsibility Comes the Need to Take a Nap

devjoll

Post by devjoll » August 2nd, 2015, 6:01 pm

The farm is already built and fully operational. I figured the farm could be put in a protected region similar to /warp end
Zip zop boopity bop

HappyTree14

Post by HappyTree14 » August 15th, 2015, 7:00 pm

I agree. I use the exp farm my self when i need to get to 30 it takes more time the more that's on but works great.
So u have one vote here and if u want to make a petition for people to sign i can help with that. Just message me and ill get working on a document.
Image Image