Disconnect between Players and Staff

General Talk about ClownerCraft
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
TheClowner
Site Admin

Re: Disconnect between Players and Staff

Post by TheClowner » August 25th, 2017, 8:02 am

We do tend to assign someone to take notes every meeting, and these are shared in our staff groups on skype. I'm sure we did this when you were mod too...

anonymoose

Re: Disconnect between Players and Staff

Post by anonymoose » September 2nd, 2017, 3:47 am

I definitely agree with this post. As another former staff member, there are definitely issues within the staff team that need to be sorted. There is definitely too much favoritism and bias to some of the admins, to a point where other staff members have resigned even if the admins are in the wrong, because Clowner doesn't take any action against them. When I joined back in 2014, the staff team was phenomenal. Admins were very frequently online and communicated with regular players on a normal basis, all the staff were friendly to the community while still maintaining the seriousness that comes with being a staff member. As OP said, players trust in staff members began to decrease after the scandal which caused a Head-Mod and Mod to be fired. The Head-Mod whom everyone loved so much, whom they thought would never do anything wrong or do anything to abuse their powers, shocked the server when their secrets were revealed, and when they showed their true colors to the community. I've definitely seen a shift in the relationship between players and staff members since then.

The absolute main issue that needs to be addressed as soon as possible is the bias towards 2 admins (I will not name them but certain people reading the post will probably know who I am referring to). From what I have both witnessed myself and heard from other former staff members, they are the root cause of a lot of issues lying within the staff team, and why many staff have resigned over the past few months. Examples include not holding each other accountable for their wrongdoings (or Clowner not holding them accountable), not spending time on the server to pursue their personal romantic relationship, breaking rules within the staff chat and on the teamspeak, and acting as hypocrites. If the staff team can't even trust the higher-ups, how are the players going to be able to?

Let me be clear: ClownerCraft was the first server I ever played on, and I loved it from the beginning. It was such a fun and unique experience for me. But from what I have observed, it has already reached its peak and is definitely dying. As much as I wouldn't like it to, the server will continue to show signs of dying unless Clowner is able to work out the issues within the staff team. He, in my opinion, needs to let other people step up to the plate and give people a chance instead of instantly rejecting the idea of it. There needs to be more communication between Clowner and the admins, between Clowner and the mods, between the admins and the mods, and between the staff and the community.

I have since quit the server but still talk with a few people who actively play, and thus am, for the most part, aware of what's going on within the community. I'd like to clarify that this is not a message meant to be rude, and I'm not trying to be a "hater" on the server, but this is rather just a message from a very concerned former player and former staff member to please work on fixing things. I absolutely believe that Clowner has the ability to work things out, it's just a matter of whether or not he has the time to and whether or not he chooses to.

Thank you.