The "Is the server down?" Thread.

General Talk about ClownerCraft
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
SoulStealer69

Re: The "Is the server down?" Thread.

Post by SoulStealer69 » December 24th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Yay!

chachy917

Post by chachy917 » December 24th, 2015, 9:38 pm

Woot Woot!
When life gives you lemons,throw them away.. simple..

devjoll

Post by devjoll » December 24th, 2015, 9:47 pm

I was hoping to spend my birthday [Yesterday(23 December)] on Clownercraft, but hackers had to ruin it for me. Oh well, merry Christmas e'eryone
Zip zop boopity bop

EpicGamergurl

Post by EpicGamergurl » December 24th, 2015, 10:19 pm

I had a dream about ClownerCraft last night. I had a dream that I was just browsing my Multiplayer Server list, and I saw ClownerCraft was back up. I was overjoyed and I joined the game. Lo and behold, everyone was there. Everything was as it should be. I suddenly felt as if I was not controlling a character on a computer, and suddenly, I took the form of my actual Minecraft character. People were playing and happily chatting. It was a joyous reunion, and I felt pixelated tears fall from my eyes. Every friend I had ever made on the server was before me, communicating and having fun. Old friends, new friends, shy friends and proud friends. When I awoke from my idiosyncratic dream, I realized that this small, humble little server has had more impact on me than I believed I would when I first joined. The people I've met on here have taught me social skills, and I've learned to not be afraid to step outside my comfort zone.
And this is why I don't think, but I KNOW that ClownerCraft will be resurrected.
We all have jobs to do for its return.
Our job
is to believe.
When life gives you lemons...sue, because you wanted pizza.

mamsgame

Post by mamsgame » December 24th, 2015, 10:34 pm

well i cant speak for anyone else but for myself i will say if clowner does not get back up and running i will be asking microsoft a few awkward questions about their inability to safeguard the games they are selling they should be more able to protect servers from this crap. I take it you have been in touch with them about this recurring hacking? or whatever it is that has happened.

Juice_BoxHero

Post by Juice_BoxHero » December 24th, 2015, 10:54 pm

Cant wait for Clowner Craft to be back up. Happy Birthday Dev :D

Bainidhe

Post by Bainidhe » December 25th, 2015, 6:05 am

Clowner, thank you so much for all your effort to get the server back online. Hopefully it's soon, but I'll be happy to get back on no matter how long it takes. This server is the best! :ugeek:

I don't know the details, but I'm guessing it wasn't the game itself that was hacked, but the server. From the information provided so far, it wasn't a direct hack of the game, but an enslavement of the server (remote control of certain machine behavior, or just baked-in subsequent attack logic). Though companies that create operating systems will typically provide updates to prevent certain security violations, and software is available to provide additional security, not all exploits have been identified, and not all preventative measures cover all exploits. As much as I'd like to believe that something can be done to prevent any future harm from occurring on the server, I know it's not possible to prevent every possible attack. Unfortunately, there are bad people in the world we live in that are just out to cause mayhem. I hope all reasonable measures are being taken to prevent attacks, with a specific focus on the slave attack that occurred, but fearing attacks from the unknown and focusing constantly on such possibilities is not helpful. When something bad happens, let those who can solve it, and be patient and understanding until they do.

I'm with you Clowner, and I see a lot of posts from others that feel the same way.
Bainidhe (pronounced ban-ith)
Meaning: madness
I'm cuckoo for ClownerCraft!

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » December 25th, 2015, 9:46 am

Just so you know, work on the server will be on hold over Christmas. So yeah...

Anyway, thank you all for the support and Merry Chritsmas!
(Also please remember to spend some time with family this Christmas, not just with video games)

Oban

Post by Oban » December 25th, 2015, 6:29 pm

Merry Christmas everyone!
Miss everyone and the server. Thanks so much Clowner for your hard work.
Hope to see you all back on the server soon!

devjoll

Post by devjoll » December 25th, 2015, 7:51 pm

Got a new computer for Christmas. I did some testing and I run 50 FPS at 32 rendering distance, so I'm really pleased. Hopefully I'll be able to use it to play Clownercraft soon enough.
Zip zop boopity bop