The "Is the server down?" Thread.

General Talk about ClownerCraft
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
TheClowner
Site Admin

Re: The "Is the server down?" Thread.

Post by TheClowner » December 15th, 2015, 4:49 pm

I expect this may take a little longer than last time. This is just down to checking everything is fine before we put it all back up and taking the time to add extra security measures. The actual download/upload of data should now be much faster, since a lot of the files will already be stored on the local machine that is being used for this.

SoulStealer69

Post by SoulStealer69 » December 15th, 2015, 11:54 pm

I just hope i don't lose my stuff joining back in.. trying to prove that i had maximum armour, pick, sword, and axe will take a little while..

BigHezza50

Post by BigHezza50 » December 16th, 2015, 7:26 am

i cant wait to see the server back online i hope all is well with our server staff and with the Clowner cant wait to return to the sever if we dont get to play together again any time soo wishing you all a happy hollidays and happy new year

devjoll

Post by devjoll » December 16th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Do you think that these DDoS attacks are targeted directly at Clonwercraft or is it just bad luck that we got mounted twice? Also, isn't there a way to trace the hackers, because hacking/DDoSing is totally illegal. There can only be one Clownercraft! All other servers suck!
Zip zop boopity bop

Bainidhe

Post by Bainidhe » December 17th, 2015, 1:29 am

It was down the entirety of my last "vacation", and now it looks like it's going to happen again. My sadness knows no bounds. :cry:

"You survive! You stay alive, no matter what occurs!"
Bainidhe (pronounced ban-ith)
Meaning: madness
I'm cuckoo for ClownerCraft!

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » December 18th, 2015, 5:29 pm

I feel I need to clear things up a bit:

The server itself is not BEING DDoS ATTACKED.
The server has been compromised and was actually being used to attack OTHER people. We are protected against people attacking our server with DoS or DDoS. It's not a case of "People need to stop attacking us". The infiltration is likely just some malware, which we need to find and remove before we can open again. However, unless we remove this the issue will persist and this will keep happening. Please ask questions rather than just making assumptions about what is happening.

Unfortunately, this time of year is always busy for me with other commitments, and I haven't had time to go through things thoroughly yet. As of yet, I have no ETA for when we will get the server back up.

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » December 18th, 2015, 5:34 pm

devjoll wrote:Do you think that these DDoS attacks are targeted directly at Clonwercraft or is it just bad luck that we got mounted twice? Also, isn't there a way to trace the hackers, because hacking/DDoSing is totally illegal. There can only be one Clownercraft! All other servers suck!
I doubt it was targeted, whoever managed to infect our system is just in it to attack others, and it's nearly impossible to trace (as are DDoS attacks to the server).

Juice_BoxHero

Post by Juice_BoxHero » December 19th, 2015, 12:20 am

Thanks for the update Clowner. Happy Holidays. :)

Bainidhe

Post by Bainidhe » December 19th, 2015, 1:40 am

Do what you need to do. I look forward to getting back on, however long it takes. Thanks for the effort and the updates.

ClownerCraft: Nothing compares. :geek:
Bainidhe (pronounced ban-ith)
Meaning: madness
I'm cuckoo for ClownerCraft!

SoulStealer69

Post by SoulStealer69 » December 19th, 2015, 1:56 am

Bainidhe wrote:Do what you need to do. I look forward to getting back on, however long it takes. Thanks for the effort and the updates.

ClownerCraft: Nothing compares. :geek:
amen