The "Is the server down?" Thread.

General Talk about ClownerCraft
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
TheClowner
Site Admin

The "Is the server down?" Thread.

Post by TheClowner » September 13th, 2015, 8:23 pm

Hey, since every time the server goes down people actually seem to be active on the forum, I thought I'd give you a sticky to talk about it.

Incidentally - you can see the status of the server on both http://clownercraft.net and http://logisticraft.net/status/

You can also check the status of Mojang run servers (Login, multiplayer sessions) on http://xpaw.ru/mcstatus/
If the session server is offline then you can't join the server, since we can't check your username.

Hope those links help people, if/when the server is down.

Poopdink

Re: The "Is the server down?" Thread.

Post by Poopdink » December 13th, 2015, 11:42 pm

website down, server down, is it hunting season for hackers this time of year? why can't they wait til the work week starts b4 taking away my entertainment

SoulStealer69

Post by SoulStealer69 » December 14th, 2015, 12:30 am

i was on when it happened, said something about being forcibly closed by remote host.. and i agree with poopdink, if we're gonna get hacked, why cant the damn hackers wait until monday! all i can hope is that we're not actually hacked again

BigHezza50

Post by BigHezza50 » December 14th, 2015, 4:12 pm

these hacker are so inconsidderate

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » December 14th, 2015, 6:53 pm

we have sadly encountered the same issue that took us down not long ago. We will be inspecting all the files and trying to ensure no infected files are put onto the fresh install, and also trying to increase the server security to try and prevent this happening in future.

Knowing how long it took last time, I am now going to point the domain (Clownercraft.net) to the hosting account that runs for forums, with a temporary page to hep users know what's going on.

Please be patient - we are trying to fix this, but it's not one of those situations that can be resolved quickly.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and we hope you'll all return once this is resolves.
Thanks,
~Clowner & Team

devjoll

Post by devjoll » December 14th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Probably some butthurt greifer who got mad because they were banned or something... don't understand why people need to ruin things for other people (Hell, at some point last night someone broke into my school and lit a Christmas tree on fire...). This has been a very odd day for me indeed... Hopefully things can return to normal pretty soon. What these idiots don't realize is that this community is stronger than any other community out there and it will take a helluva lot more than a couple of DDoS attacks to break us apart. Best of luck to your endeavors, Clownercraft team. I can't imagine why someone would want to do this.
Zip zop boopity bop

Bainidhe

Post by Bainidhe » December 14th, 2015, 11:40 pm

Is the expectation this will take as long as last time, longer, or not as long? Just like to get an idea of how sad I need to be. :|
Bainidhe (pronounced ban-ith)
Meaning: madness
I'm cuckoo for ClownerCraft!

Juice_BoxHero

Post by Juice_BoxHero » December 15th, 2015, 12:40 am

If this does take a long time to fix will the vote contest be moved to January?

Poopdink

Post by Poopdink » December 15th, 2015, 12:57 am

Skyrim here I come

SoulStealer69

Post by SoulStealer69 » December 15th, 2015, 2:14 am

I am now forced to study for this thing called school until the ODR in my community is opened.. this sucks