Logisticraft Suggestions

Any ideas, issues, complaints you wish to voice!
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
wizkrys

Logisticraft Suggestions

Post by wizkrys » March 23rd, 2017, 8:23 pm

So first there was my big thread o' suggestions for Survival. Now, however, comes my also semi-big thread o' suggestions for Logisticraft. In this thread I'll cover two main topics, so let's just get into it.

SNIPERTOWN TEAMS AND MAPS
So currently, the way that the team mechanism for snipertown works, players can manipulate the game so they can get on a team with who they want. The way this works is because the game automatically assigns people to every other team, e.g. player 1 is red, player 2 is blue, and player 3 is red, so on so forth. However, I have seen people take advantage of this (myself included, but I realize how annoying it is and no longer do it) so that they can get on teams with their friends. There are a few reasons why this makes the game unbalanced:
1) Some players will deliberately leave and rejoin a game to get on the other team. This will cause the next player to join to make the game 1v3, 2v4, or some other unbalanced team number.
2) Players can use this to stack the odds in their favor - having one team with very skilled snipertown players, and another team with people who are new to the game or just not that good at playing.
3) Overall, if this were to continue to be a thing, I could very much see it frustrating players to the point of no longer wanting to player snipertown due to the same people winning over and over again because of it.

As for maps, I believe there could be a few more. I love the castle and city (huehuehue) maps, but I'd always be open for players making their own maps, because it just makes things more fun and interesting. For example, Nick (SoulStealer69) has made a snipertown map on his creative plot and is in the process of making another one as well. I think it'd be really cool to see it implemented. Also, I realized soon after the city map was uploaded and playable that there was a flaw with it - there is only one way to get out of the spawn. Because of this, there was just been this unanimous, unspoken rule that you don't shoot players who are trying to leave spawn, because it's very easy for them to get trapped. To fix this, I'd suggest making a tweak to the map where you can exit through the sides of the brick building and have it lead to other buildings or the road. And finally, on the castle map, people are still finding ways to shoot themselves across the bridge in order to get on the other teams side and shoot them. This makes the game extremely confusing and frustrating, so if the bridges could be made even shorter or even just removed so people could no longer shoot themselves to the other side, that'd be cool.

LOGISTICRAFT SKYBLOCK NETWORK
With the upcoming Skyblock-themed build contest, as well as a handful of regular Clownercraft players getting into the Skyblock gamemode, I figured it'd be appropriate to bring this up. I think it'd be really cool if Clownercraft had a Skyblock server for players. A classic twist on survival with challenges and its own economy - I think it could be really fun, and that quite a few players would want to take part of it. I could get into more details regarding this if the Clownercraft staff decided it would be a good fit for the server, but for now I'll leave it at this.

Anyways, that's all for this thread, feedback is always appreciated, and thanks again.

-wizkrys
Last edited by wizkrys on July 7th, 2017, 4:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheClowner
Site Admin

Re: Logisticraft Suggestions

Post by TheClowner » March 23rd, 2017, 10:47 pm

Good News! I finally stopped putting off implementing multi map stuff in SniperTown!
And I also made the teams randomly chosen at the start of the game now. So yeah.
Done.

I will try to add some more maps to the snipertown servers in the next few weeks.

As for a skyblock server, it's a possibility - we might wait until after the contest ends though :)

And for your final minigame idea - we have a lot of ideas planned already - It does seem really fun, so It'll join the list of ones to eventually make!

RoboPlunger

Post by RoboPlunger » March 24th, 2017, 5:40 pm

Snipertown - I do agree that the leaving and rejoining needed fixed, as it made the teams uneven in numbers, and it didn't always do that. When SniperTown was first successfully implemented with no issues it just put players on the team with fewer players. I don't necessarily agree with making it random. I don't see it being a problem that you could get on a team with your friends by having them join at a certain time. I don't really see that as making teams unfair as you just want to be able to be teamed with your friends.

SkyBlock - I really would like to see a SkyBlock server added. Me and quite a few other friends that play on ClCraft have been playing SkyBlock recently, as we really enjoy it. I think it would be really nice to be able to do so on the network as I've always loved the community. I've gotten a bit bored playing survival as i don't really want to put in the effort of getting future, so i haven't been playing on the server much at all. Id love to see SkyBlock added as it would give me a reason to come back.

LionBoy521

Post by LionBoy521 » August 15th, 2017, 7:04 pm

I think for the Clownercraft part of the server as in the survival aspect of it we should introduce community builds. Like right now we could start a Halloween based build with say a haunted mansion or a haunted castle stuff like that and we could work on it together. I think that would be really fun. I tried to start one of these last year for Christmas and it never really finished but with the whole support of the server I think this would be a huge success. I really hope you take this suggestion to heart thx.