Rule Book?

Any ideas, issues, complaints you wish to voice!
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
groudzero

Rule Book?

Post by groudzero » September 29th, 2017, 4:51 am

I just recently had a issue with a build I did that did that was on the border of one of the rules. But when you type in /rules you get a one line sentence of what the rule is. In some cases, like mine, they can be very vague. I have never been banned before on this or any server and quite frankly shocked me. I fully understand the admins and mods position. It's not a easy job by any means. I once ran my own CS server and it was 'PG-13 friendly' and that was very hard to maintain the family friendly environment. I posted a detailed rule list on a splash screen, but was not very effective. Also enforcing became a issue as well with different members having a diverse interpolation of the rules as well.

So here is my suggestion. Along with the 'WELCOME' book you get when you first log on, you get a rule book as well with more detailed information on what the rules cover and what the consequences are. This would, in my eyes, clear up a lot of gray areas and create a little player-to-player interaction as well. You can re-hand out the book for anyone returning from a infraction.

It's just a idea.
"Why, I'd horse-whip you if I had a horse." - Groucho Marx :D