Community Suggestions!

Any ideas, issues, complaints you wish to voice!
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
DJ_Wombat

Community Suggestions!

Post by DJ_Wombat » January 23rd, 2017, 6:16 am

Hello my name is DJ Wombat, also known as Jack to some.
The past couple weeks I have collected server suggestions from the community to make the server more fun and “efficient”. Keep in mind I did not suggest all these and credit will be given to all people that suggested. P.S. Even though I personally know the answer to some of these, I put it up for the communities sake.

Skelebone2000:
TACOS!! Some form of Tacos in the game.

CutieCatSpy316:
More staff or Staff to be on more often

XboxUno:
Towny or Factions (On Logisticraft)
New Ranks after Future, eg. Architect

SentryDude:
A general mini-games server (on Logisticraft)

xDustin:
I think we should use the forum instead of an Idea Board. Achieved!

Those were the smaller, more random suggestions. Now the two people that had this original idea, SourWolfy and myself will have our more larger posts below.

SourWolfy:
Custom Music Disks [ A plugin that is implemented where real life songs can be put on custom music disks, and then once a month there will be a draw, and whoever wins the draw will be able to chose an appropriate song to put on a custom disk (Plugin)]
Different chats [ There are two chats that can be toggles, global and local, global being that you can talk to everyone on the server and local being that you can talk to people within a certain radius to you (Plugin)]
Mo’ Plants: I love the variety that Mojang added to the game but I feel that what we have, is lacking to say the least. If you ever go through someone’s home you’ll notice the lawns are somewhat bland and repetitive. My remedy, more plants that have a plethora of alchemical purposes and dying etc. Theres loads of plugins that do that and add new vegetables, fruits and trees too. If you can imagine how the server went mad for beets, I Imagine aubergines, fruit, fungi, tree, vines, flowers, shrubs, all those great things to add real diversity, colour and purpose to the world rather than a blank slate to be twisted and contorted to our will. (Plugin)
TreeCapitator [You break the bottom of a tree and the rest of the tree breaks too (Plugin)]
McJobs [ Players can sign up for one to two jobs to earn money from mining, excavation, brewing, etc. (Plugin)]

DJ Wombat:
Elevator [Adds a new block that allows players to ascend or descend between levels (Plugin)]
Bank [Allows players to deposit money into a bank and earn a small amount of interest, eg. 0.01% (Plugin)]
Mob Stacking [I thought we already had this (Plugin)]
Custom Enchantments [Self Explanatory (Plugin)]
Chat Mini-Games [Every 10 minutes a custom riddle or word unscramble will appear in chat, the first person to guess this wins a small prize, ex. $100 (Plugin)]

I believe Clowner has once said he doesn’t like this plugin but multiple people suggested this plugin while I was asking and personally I would this too…

McMMO [Players can level up certain skills such as, Mining, Excavation, Acrobatic, etc. And earn rewards getting to certain levels (Plugin)]
More TokenShop Items! [No matter what it is, Clowner Exclusives, TokenShop Exclusives or just general items]
Events: Having weekly or bi-weekly events that could consist of parkour, hide and seek or my favourite Mining events. In mining events, the staff would set up a warp with a huge block filled with ores and blocks to be mined, with a short amount of time to mine it.
Battle Siege!: This is something I’ve been thinking will be fun for this server, I am currently making a more dulled down version of this in clownercraft, and will be making a thread about this in the next days about a testing event for it. The basis of the gamemode is there are two teams, The Crafters with 2-4 players and The Siegers with 5-10 players, The Crafters have 30 minutes to make a base of operations filled with traps to protect their core from being destroyed, meanwhile The Siegers are mining and collecting resources to siege The Crafters base. After the 30 minutes is up The Crafters get some good gear and The Siegers attack the base to try destroy the core. Everyone has unlimited lives until the core has been broken, then The Crafters have one life each, and The Siegers have three lives. Also if The Siegers fail to break the core in 30 minutes The Crafters automatically win.

This last suggestion has been suggested many times and Clowner has said he wants to do it but I thought I’d put it in here too as I am very, very fond of the Idea…

A Modded Logisticraft Server: This would ultimately be my favourite suggestion, and I really hope we can add a modded server, a thread I recently saw explains almost exactly what I want in a modded server…

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1916&sid=80eaeaef4 ... 25f45fabc8

Some other additions that would be cool are Botania and Thaumcraft, and any other mods that are fun to use. I’d also love to see a similar ranking system in a modded survival.

On everyone’s behalf I would like to say thank you for taking the time to read this and we would understand if these are not possible. I would also like to mention that personally I would love to help with any of these suggestions, especially Battle Siege or Modded, even though I am not a staff member I would really appreciate being able to help work on them if possible.

Thank you once again,
DJ Wombat

TheClowner
Site Admin

Re: Community Suggestions!

Post by TheClowner » January 24th, 2017, 11:53 am

Just want to share my view on all of these suggestions, please don't take it personally if I disagree with yours - it's just a matter of opinion.
But in the end, we can't add everything that people ask for, otherwise we'd have a very messy server that makes no sense to play.
DJ_Wombat wrote:
January 23rd, 2017, 6:16 am
Skelebone2000:
TACOS!! Some form of Tacos in the game.
/tokenshop -> Decorative Heads -> Food
They've been there for a long time.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
CutieCatSpy316:
More staff or Staff to be on more often
We will be looking at getting more staff soon.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
XboxUno:
Towny or Factions (On Logisticraft)
New Ranks after Future, eg. Architect
Nope... we're not gonna have a factions server.
As for more ranks - we'll wait for a few more future's first :)

DJ_Wombat wrote:
SentryDude:
A general mini-games server (on Logisticraft)
Not entirely sure what you mean by "general mini-games" - but one of the server's we are working on may actually be exactly this. That one may be a while though.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
xDustin:
I think we should use the forum instead of an Idea Board. Achieved!
For anyone else reading this - using the forums is the easiest way to get your suggestions seen.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
Custom Music Disks [ A plugin that is implemented where real life songs can be put on custom music disks, and then once a month there will be a draw, and whoever wins the draw will be able to chose an appropriate song to put on a custom disk (Plugin)]
This requires resource packs to work. Possibly in the future, but not right now.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
Different chats [ There are two chats that can be toggles, global and local, global being that you can talk to everyone on the server and local being that you can talk to people within a certain radius to you (Plugin)]
We've considered having multiple chat channels before - and at the moment I'm not sure it's necessary. If the server had more players on regularly then we would need to set this up.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
Mo’ Plants: I love the variety that Mojang added to the game but I feel that what we have, is lacking to say the least. If you ever go through someone’s home you’ll notice the lawns are somewhat bland and repetitive. My remedy, more plants that have a plethora of alchemical purposes and dying etc. Theres loads of plugins that do that and add new vegetables, fruits and trees too. If you can imagine how the server went mad for beets, I Imagine aubergines, fruit, fungi, tree, vines, flowers, shrubs, all those great things to add real diversity, colour and purpose to the world rather than a blank slate to be twisted and contorted to our will. (Plugin)
I'm with you on this one, I want more plants. We'll have a look and see what we can do with this one.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
TreeCapitator [You break the bottom of a tree and the rest of the tree breaks too (Plugin)]
Probably a no to this one, I mean I've used the plugin before and it is so useful, but I just don't feel it fits with ClownerCraft.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
McJobs [ Players can sign up for one to two jobs to earn money from mining, excavation, brewing, etc. (Plugin)]
I'm not keen on this kind of plugin.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
Elevator [Adds a new block that allows players to ascend or descend between levels (Plugin)]
Are stairs really that hard?

DJ_Wombat wrote:
Bank [Allows players to deposit money into a bank and earn a small amount of interest, eg. 0.01% (Plugin)]
I feel this is unnecessary.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
Mob Stacking [I thought we already had this (Plugin)]
We did have stacking for a while, but we removed it once we had a better lag-prevention plugin. We would have kept it if it didn't break a lot of people's farms and grinders.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
Custom Enchantments [Self Explanatory (Plugin)]
I'll have to think more on this one...

DJ_Wombat wrote:
Chat Mini-Games [Every 10 minutes a custom riddle or word unscramble will appear in chat, the first person to guess this wins a small prize, ex. $100 (Plugin)]
I just realised I meant to get one of these plugins a while ago...

DJ_Wombat wrote:
I believe Clowner has once said he doesn’t like this plugin but multiple people suggested this plugin while I was asking and personally I would this too…

McMMO [Players can level up certain skills such as, Mining, Excavation, Acrobatic, etc. And earn rewards getting to certain levels (Plugin)]
I don't like McMMO. We're not having it. Sorry.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
More TokenShop Items! [No matter what it is, Clowner Exclusives, TokenShop Exclusives or just general items]
Specific suggestions for TS items would be more useful. We are still wanting to add more to it - but we can't think of things to add.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
Events: Having weekly or bi-weekly events that could consist of parkour, hide and seek or my favourite Mining events. In mining events, the staff would set up a warp with a huge block filled with ores and blocks to be mined, with a short amount of time to mine it.
We are wanting to run different events than just build contests. We do currently have something going on every 2 weeks (apart from the odd occasion where we miss a week). We are very aware that a lot of people don't like the build contests as they are since often it's the same people that win every time - hence why we want to be doing other events to give other people the chance to win stuffs. I'm interested to know what people think we could do, one to improve the build contests, and two in terms of other contests we could run.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
Battle Siege!: This is something I’ve been thinking will be fun for this server, I am currently making a more dulled down version of this in clownercraft, and will be making a thread about this in the next days about a testing event for it. The basis of the gamemode is there are two teams, The Crafters with 2-4 players and The Siegers with 5-10 players, The Crafters have 30 minutes to make a base of operations filled with traps to protect their core from being destroyed, meanwhile The Siegers are mining and collecting resources to siege The Crafters base. After the 30 minutes is up The Crafters get some good gear and The Siegers attack the base to try destroy the core. Everyone has unlimited lives until the core has been broken, then The Crafters have one life each, and The Siegers have three lives. Also if The Siegers fail to break the core in 30 minutes The Crafters automatically win.
Was this idea entirely made up, or is it based on something from another server? (I'm kinda curious) We could look into creating it's own server and
all of that, like Snipertown or SpherePVP. From reading it - this does sounds quite fun.

DJ_Wombat wrote:
This last suggestion has been suggested many times and Clowner has said he wants to do it but I thought I’d put it in here too as I am very, very fond of the Idea…

A Modded Logisticraft Server: This would ultimately be my favourite suggestion, and I really hope we can add a modded server, a thread I recently saw explains almost exactly what I want in a modded server…

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1916&sid=80eaeaef4 ... 25f45fabc8

Some other additions that would be cool are Botania and Thaumcraft, and any other mods that are fun to use. I’d also love to see a similar ranking system in a modded survival.
As I've said before - creating (and then maintaining) a modded server as well as the current server network would put a lot of strain on myself, and likely the staff as well. We do not have the time to start working on this any time soon, and I'd much rather work on improving the rest of the network and adding to that before venturing into the world of modded.

As with most things, implementing any ideas may take some time, so please be patient.

Thanks for the suggestions!
~Clowner & Team

DJ_Wombat

Post by DJ_Wombat » January 24th, 2017, 5:57 pm

The Battle Siege game mode is mostly my Idea, a few years back my friend and I used to play it by ourselves on our private server but I can say I loosely based this game mode off of Walls, another similar mini-game.

Rapidkip

Post by Rapidkip » January 24th, 2017, 11:24 pm

I'd like to say this with all due respect, just my two cents I guess. No disrespect intended.

Your community, the people who play your server, came to you with things they'd like to see the server add. Now, I understand personal preferences and whatnot, and I also understand that this is your server and you may do what you wish, but maybe listen to the community a little more? All of these plugins are modern, well-known and fun plugins that people are actually looking for on survival servers, such as the mcmmo and elevators. I was browsing the server lists for survival servers to play for a bit and I actually found ex-clownercraft players on one of them. I managed to explain who I was and ask why they left clownercraft and came here and this was as close to their response as I can remember:

"Other servers like this one were adding all these revolutionary and innovative plugins/systems and clownercraft was remaining old school. When you look around other servers, you see fancy/modern scoreboards, custom chat locales, popular plugins, and frequent resets, all things clownercraft lacked"

The more I thought about what they said, the more I realized the accuracy. Several people including myself love clownercraft, but wish many of the plugins mentioned here and more were implemented. The more minecraft moves forward, so do the demands for server players, and it seems you're ignoring the demands of yours. Wombat genuinely put the time aside to speak to the community and ask what THEY wanted to play, and you didn't really put much thought other than "I dont like it".

Right now, clownercraft would be up-to-date in 2015 server standards, in terms of plugin selection, but now people want more. They WANT the mcmmo aspects (you can disable unarm and other strange things as well as set level caps and experience gain multipliers now), people WANT to see a scoreboard with all the important information, people WANT custom essentials messages, etc (also im nitpicking but not having a space between prefixes and usernames is a major turnoff to people). Clownercraft is right in the middle of vanilla SMP and modern survival, and people arent looking for that. People join and leave because there isn't much to keep them playing. People enjoy grinding mcmmo levels and working on jobs, IN ADDITION to the fantastic build rank system you have. Combining modern survival server aspects with what clownercraft currently is could be the greatest minecraft survival experience ever, and your community is trying to show you that. If you continue to ignore it, many more of your players will find somewhere new just like myself and several others.

Take all this with a grain of salt, just wanted to give my input. Amazing thread Wombat, I hope some of your suggestions succeed. :)

Skelebone2000

Post by Skelebone2000 » January 25th, 2017, 2:40 am

Not to be rude but I joined Clownercraft because of how... "old school" it is, I like how it has plugins yet it somewhat remains a vanilla server, I would agree to listen to the community and add a few plugins the enhance the playing experience yet stay somewhat vanilla, plugins like furniture and plants would help the overall experience.

That's what I think, and I understand that others think
differently and I respect their opinions

Thanks,
Skelebone2000

SnoppyDoo

Post by SnoppyDoo » January 29th, 2017, 7:24 pm

I personally like the server for it's vanilla feel, really its like playing singleplayer survival with friends and feel that if plugins that take away the vanilla feel were added than it would no longer be Clownercraft. I do feel that more can be added and adjustments need to be made to improve the server but adding MCMMO or elevators takes away from the idea that is Clownercraft which is a survival building server. If the server was to implement "modern" plugins it just becomes another survival server and will probably drive off players that are looking for something more vanilla or old school. Also can't stand MCMMO annoying when playing and some stupid action activates. Also I think that fancy scoreboards and fancy things clog up your screen and become annoying when trying to play.

B1g4ndT4sty

Post by B1g4ndT4sty » January 31st, 2017, 4:39 pm

I do have an idea that would be great and stay with the building style of the contest.
"We are wanting to run different events than just build contests. We do currently have something going on every 2 weeks (apart from the odd occasion where we miss a week). We are very aware that a lot of people don't like the build contests as they are since often it's the same people that win every time - hence why we want to be doing other events to give other people the chance to win stuffs. I'm interested to know what people think we could do, one to improve the build contests, and two in terms of other contests we could run."
You could hold a weekend tournament every 2 weeks to build a themed structure in a set amount of time. Mods can be set as judges to watch them build and I am willing to live stream the tournament. On Fridays have the time start like 15min and like 10 builds would allow 20 entries. On Saturday since half would be out of tournament you could up the time to like 20-30min then sunday make it the finals with a 5 person build off. Hope this gives you a good idea :) :idea:
ImageImage Image

johnnygameshow

Post by johnnygameshow » April 2nd, 2017, 1:45 am

Hi So it is me johnnygameshow and I was discovering recently how fun it is to use the elytra and I was thinking of making an Arial pvp dome like the one in the end. There are platforms people start on and the leap off and start fighting each other. Also I would put soul sand at the bottom to truly make it an Arial fight. I think it would be a fun addition to the clowner server and maybe it could even be a mingame.

najbuilders

Post by najbuilders » April 5th, 2017, 1:27 am

I still think it would be cool to have small events with minigames, so maybe for example have tourny for sniper town, so get teams of two enter and have a ladder type thing, even more mini games would be cool too, so something to make people play different games more often. ;)
It has yet to be proven that I am not immortal