Snipertown - KITS

Any ideas, issues, complaints you wish to voice!
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
wizkrys

Snipertown - KITS

Post by wizkrys » July 11th, 2016, 2:11 am

So... I'm making this forum post to say what a lot of people have been thinking about - the kits in Snipertown.
See, Snipertown is a really fun game and a nice way to get tokens, but the one thing that tends to ruin it is kits.

Kits are usually nice for minigames, except for the fact that the Snipertown kits are WAY TOO OVERPOWERED. Not many people use kits, but the people that do completely destroy the other players and make the game extremely unfun, and unfair. Most players do not use kits because they realize that they take the fun away from the game, or simply because they cannot afford them. So when a player DOES come on and selects a kit, especially in a game where people specify that they do not wish to use kits, it completely ruins it for everyone as it makes the player with the kit extremely hard to kill, and makes it extremely easy to kill everyone else. By doing this, you gain token profit - even though a player may spend money on a kit, if they win and are still alive they earn more tokens - and so they purposely ignore other players and continue to use kits even though it ruins it for everyone, to get tokens.

So I suggest that kits are COMPLETELY REMOVED from Snipertown. I know for a fact I am not the only one who believes this. It makes playing Snipertown extremely frustrating, instead of just being a fun PvP game as it is intended to be.

Thanks for reading.

Best Regards,
wizkrys

Ion_Monster

Re: Snipertown - KITS

Post by Ion_Monster » July 11th, 2016, 2:16 am

My opinion on this is simple.

You say kits are too overpowered, but make no effort to save up to gain them to your advantage. You complain about others using them, and try to get them to stop claiming "They are just doing it to annoy everyone" when they have spent tokens on the kits. I see it as if someone has spent something on the kits, and therefore has the right to use them, they can join any game that they can use them in without any other player telling them they can't.

Using the kits is a right you get when you purchase them, and thus you cannot have that taken away because some people do not want to save to gain the right to have exactly the same. Players who use kits choose to do so to play the game how they want to, removing what they play the game like, is like saying "Why don't we make everyone use kits only" - it removes how you play.

My Suggestion is have SniperTown Hardcore (No Kits) and SniperTown Kits only, that way, no one can feel left out, or like they are being dominated by someone who is just using their rights.

DeltaParallel

Post by DeltaParallel » July 11th, 2016, 2:19 am

Or if you dont want to remove kits, make the kits more challenging for the person who selects them. Like the "i dont need armor kit" while you dont have armor you have a power 2 bow. Just remove the power 2 from the bow and boom its more of a challenge. Im pretty sure others would like harder kits for themselves to see their capabilities. [edit] Also to ion, i dont know if you ever played sniper town, but the kits, especially the torns and flame kit, give a very big advantage to the person and make the game very hard to win for the opposite team. I think the kits shouldn't give an advantage it should hinder the person. Then they can brag that they are good even with a kit if they want. Snipertown is also a nice way to gain tokens but if people who are constantly using kits are on the opposite team you wont gain tokens to be able to use a kit.
Last edited by DeltaParallel on July 11th, 2016, 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

wizkrys

Post by wizkrys » July 11th, 2016, 2:25 am

DeltaParallel wrote:Or if you dont want to remove kits, make the kits more challenging for the person who selects them. Like the "i dont need armor kit" while you dont have armor you have a power 2 bow. Just remove the power 2 bow and boom its more of a challenge. Im pretty sure others would like harder kits for themselves to see their capabilities.

this.

Ion_Monster

Post by Ion_Monster » July 11th, 2016, 2:27 am

wizkrys wrote:
DeltaParallel wrote:Or if you dont want to remove kits, make the kits more challenging for the person who selects them. Like the "i dont need armor kit" while you dont have armor you have a power 2 bow. Just remove the power 2 bow and boom its more of a challenge. Im pretty sure others would like harder kits for themselves to see their capabilities.

this.
But, having no armor and only a power 2 bow, removing the power 2 bow leaves you with nothing? Thus not even worthy of a kit?

DeltaParallel

Post by DeltaParallel » July 11th, 2016, 2:55 am

Ion thats not the point, you still get a bow if you actually read my reply it makes it harder to win not to give you an easy win... also i dont think you have even played sniper town so you dont understand and shouldnt be fighting for someone who uses kits to gain tokens and beat everyone else.

Ion_Monster

Post by Ion_Monster » July 11th, 2016, 3:03 am

DeltaParallel wrote:Ion thats not the point, you still get a bow if you actually read my reply it makes it harder to win not to give you an easy win... also i dont think you have even played sniper town so you dont understand and shouldnt be fighting for someone who uses kits to gain tokens and beat everyone else.
I just think that taking away the kits that someone has paid for, and enjoys playing with, is just the same as taking away non kits, so everyone has to use a kit.

That is like me saying, you are not homosexual, so you can't debate on the homosexuality situation and whether it should be allowed etc. Or, you are not a cow, you cannot decide whether you want cows to be burgers. It makes no sense.

I might not be able to comment on whether it is overpowered, but I can say - I dont think it should be taken away simply because you don't like it, and dont want to save up to get it. That penalises the people who actually have saved and enjoy playing with it.

Massive servers like Mineplex had an issue where people didnt like 1.9 pvp and wanted 1.8 and some liked the 1.9 - their solution... .have a 1.9 pvp mode, and a 1.8 pvp mode. Keeps both groups happy. Why not have a no kits and a yes kits? No one is left out, and you can play without kits, but they still can? That seems fairer than completely removing them.

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » July 11th, 2016, 10:28 pm

We will be looking into balancing the snipertown kits better. It's always been something I've needed to go back to.

We may actually consider having a second snipertown server that has no kits, giving you the option - but I'm not sure on that. I do like having the kits (while they need balancing) as it gives another use for prize tokens.