Economy

Any ideas, issues, complaints you wish to voice!
Forum rules
1. No swearing, or inappropriate language. Please keep things family friendly.
2. No offensive posts
3. Be respectful of other people's opinions.
4. Keep posts on-topic. No discussion of other servers.
devjoll

Economy

Post by devjoll » May 5th, 2016, 2:01 am

Since being a keyboard warrior in the chat isn't going to change anything I'll be one here.

The economy, in my opinion, is even worse than before the last reform of it. I'd rather have a broken way to make millions than have it to where it's damn near impossible to make money. People find loopholes in the system to make infinite sums of money and by the time other people find out about them they get shut down, leaving just a few people with loads of money and the vast majority are left SOL. The same thing applies for token exchanges as well in one instance. There was a VERY brief time where you could buy villager spawns from the token shop. Someone told my unclear instructions on how to use spawn eggs to convert spawners so all I could end up doing was spawning a villager. However, someone else on the server has a villager spawner, but they're the only ones on the ENTIRE SERVER to have one. Explain to me how that's fair to anyone else. The current system allows for a few to get insanely rich while 99% of the player are left stuck having little money and almost no way to earn it. I know I'm going to get a response with something along the lines of "if you need money just vote" but that doesn't quit cut it given how little money voting actually gives you. On a similar note, farming for dragon's breath wasn't "exploiting" the shop. That's like saying farming for iron is exploiting game mechanics. Farming things that can be legitimately farmed isn't exploiting. Sorry I got a bit angry in this rant, but I think it's BS that the current system only allows for the top 1% to make insane amounts of money while the others are screwed over...

My keys are steaming after writing this one...
Last edited by devjoll on May 6th, 2016, 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

xExoticxBikerx

Re: Economy

Post by xExoticxBikerx » May 5th, 2016, 7:14 pm

I agree that the economy is slightly disproportional right now, and yes things should be done to help fix this problem, to benefit the players who are unable to make much cash other than voting. what I cannot seem to understand in your post is the reference to me having a villager spawner, yes it happens to be the only one on the server and yes there was a very brief time where this was possible. You being unable to understand the simple concept of buying an egg and right clicking it on a spawner to make it a villager spawner is simply on you and is not! other peoples fault. unclear instruction? As for that I am pretty sure you had access to google and youtube where you could have found clear instructions that could have lead you to having a villager spawner of your own. I say this politely grow up and take responsibility for your own actions, "blame" will not solve anything.

Top 1% ? my guess the people who have quite a bit of cash in their pockets right? if that's the case, from my memory you Dev used to have more that 2,000,000+ in game cash quite some time ago, seems to me that the reason for this post is not to bring awareness to the large amount of players who are stuck with no cash but to the poor fallen "used to be Top 1% dev who ran out of cash". See dev according your own post its clear you think I am part of this top 1% group you despise, so let me tell you how I made my money, I sold beef... tons upon tons to earn the cash, this was no glitch or exploit because the sign which I sold to was both public and put in game by TheClowner. Yesterday you told me "so your the reason the sign is gone" and "the only way I used to make money is gone" now can you see the stupidity in your argument sir... so if I sell beef and get rich I am part of the top 1% and you just admitted to doing what I just done! So what do u have to say for yourself?

I can pick your post bit by bit and make you look more sillier that you already look right now, but there is no point...

note to take away dev is please don't be selfish and think about yourself and grow up...

Have a nice day :)

Kind regards
ExoticJack (sorry for any typos ^)

TheClowner
Site Admin

Post by TheClowner » May 5th, 2016, 8:19 pm

Just a couple of quick points:

- I know the economy is not perfect, by any stretch, and this will be something we continue to work on.
- Villager eggs were never meant to be in the token exchange, it was a mistake I made and we just have to live with that.

The economy was never meant to be "easy". I always wanted earning money to be a challenge, and unfortunately that didn't quite work out. You've got to remember that the prices are mainly based on how easy it is to get items, (supply and demand as it were) aswell as how desireable they are. If we notice people are able to easily get tons and tons of a certain item, the price gets knocked down. This is something that happens in the real world - and it's the nature of economies. While I'll admit sometimes we go a bit overboard with changing the prices...

You also say that voting gives barely any money - in terms of getting near baltop you may be correct, but in terms of what you can spend it on it's a decent amount. It was recently increased to $1k per vote, which means you can earn around $10k per day by voting. That adds up quickly when you are consistent with voting.

I do feel that we need to be more respectful of other people's opinions though - Exotic... Your post reads of as a personal attack on dev.

And one final note:
Posting in multiple sub forums is unnecessary, and doesn't help your point become any more obvious. I've now merged the two and kept only the topic in the suggestions forum. Please no not post duplicates in future to "increase the likelihood of them being seen."

xExoticxBikerx

Post by xExoticxBikerx » May 5th, 2016, 9:37 pm

I do respect his opinion and I am sorry if my response came across as an attack on dev. (its nothing personal)
I just did not understand why a villager spawner is associated with the economy not being very stable.

devjoll

Post by devjoll » May 6th, 2016, 3:08 am

Okay.

I'd like to first apologize for spamposting... in retrospect that wasn't my finest moment.

I'd also like to point out that I never had over $2,000.000. The most I had was around 1.6 and that was only because I sold some substantially large farms of mine in a brief amount of time.

Furthermore, this post wasn't really meant to be an attack on the server or any specific players, I was just using Exotic's villager spawner as an example of how the current system benefits only a small percentage of people. (On a side note I never mentioned anyone specific in the post to begin with).

I'm sorry if this came off as a personal attack on anyone, the server, or its admins. That was not my intention, however, I was a bit frustrated when I wrote that post so my wording was undoubtedly and needlessly aggressive. I don't want the economy to change just so I can get rich quick. I want a reform so that every player on the server has equal "financial" opportunity if that makes sense.

I fully understand that the admins have pretty fulfilling lives outside of this server and I'm not expecting them to spend all of their free time making sure nobody gets their feelings hurt because someone got something they didn't.

Looking back on what I posted I realize now that seems like I'm attacking the server. That was never my intention and I sincerely apologize if anyone felt personally attacked by this. I just want everyone on the server to have equal opportunity so it's not that only a few people get all the rewards.
Last edited by devjoll on May 6th, 2016, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zip zop boopity bop

devjoll

Post by devjoll » May 6th, 2016, 3:19 am

And regarding Exotic's post... thank your for making my day just a little bit worse.

Although you say your post wasn't meant to be an attack, I have a very difficult time believing that given the extremely rude and condescending tone of the message. I felt very insulted by it, because from what I read, all you really did was call me an idiot without even offering any counterarguments. You focused solely on one or two of the several points indicated in my post, and you claimed that I was attacking you... as I mentioned earlier, I was just using your spawner as an EXAMPLE of what my main point was. If you can explain to me how calling my stupid and rambling on about how my argument is childish and that I'm only writing this post because I want to get rich quick (Which is a total LIE by the way) isn't meant to be taken offensively then be my guest. But given the nature of that message I'm going to have a VERY difficult time changing my mind. I never once mentioned you specifically in my original message and the only reason I'm doing so now is because you had to make yourself the victim when all I was doing was using your case as an example of how some people get lots and others get nothing. I wasn't attacking you at all in my message. And regarding what I said yesterday, that was out of frustration and anger. Should I have said it? Absolutely not, but that doesn't give you a reason to pretend to be a victim when you're CLEARLY not. There are PLENTY of other examples of this I can mention, you were just the most recent one. And me getting the amount of money I did was shear coincidence. I actually gave about $500,000-$700,00 of that money away to other players. The entire situation is just frustrating to me, that's all.

And I'd like to point out that this time I AM targeting specific players, but only so I can defend myself from BS claims once more (this seems like something I've been having to deal with a lot lately on this server...). I'm not going to argue this anymore, I got my opinion out there and that's was the point of the original post. But claiming you're not attacking me doesn't mean I won't feel attacked because that message was clearly an attack on me personally, not even the argument I made.

Good day, Sir

(If an admin could lock this topic that would be appreciated)
Zip zop boopity bop